Ceiling Fan Fixture

Old 08-17-18, 04:51 PM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Ceiling Fan Fixture

Hello everyone I知 having some problems with a ceiling fan light fixture. I知 trying to connect it but I知 a little confuse since the ceiling motor has the two adapters the blue and white wires and the light fixture has only the white male connector, also the light fixture has a red wire with no adapter. If someone can please help me I will really appreciate it. It痴 a Honeywell Hamilton model 10209.
Thank you,
Ricky

Old 08-17-18, 05:00 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,922 Upvotes on 3,518 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

I don't know why Honeywell put their name on that fan if they weren't going to offer installation help. I see mention of the fan online but no technical info or wiring diagrams. I'm not quite sure what you have for wiring there. There is no remote control..... correct ?

The fan should have three wires coming out up top. They should be blue, black and white.
Can you post a picture or two of the wiring for us.... How-to-insert-pictures

Old 08-17-18, 09:39 PM
R
pics

Hello,
This are the pictures I already have the fan mounted and the fan is working its only the lights that I can't figure it out. No there痴 no remote. I was thinking about stripping the blue wire and connect it to the red wire but I'm not sure if that will work.
Thanks alot for the help.

Attached Images   

Last edited by RickyMtz911; 08-17-18 at 10:18 PM.
Old 08-17-18, 10:18 PM
S
Group Moderator
Received 1,262 Upvotes on 1,203 Posts
The black wire in the fan generally controls the fan while the blue wire controls the lights.

I've seen variation based on location but the black and red in the ceiling are hot wires and often switched (have to look at the wiring in the wall for this) and hooked up according to how you want the fan and light to work - either black (ceiling) to black (fixture) and red to blue or black (fixture) to red and blue to black (ceiling).

Old 08-17-18, 11:16 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,922 Upvotes on 3,518 Posts
Ok. In your top picture the white wire has a plug on it. The red wire is supposed to have a similar plug on it. It appears to have been pulled off. The two white wires will connect via the plugs. That red wire will connect to the blue wire. You can remove the plug on the blue wire and wire nut the red and blue together.

At the ceiling..... there should be a white, black and blue wire. The black is for the fan and the blue is for the lights. If you only have a white and black wire at the ceiling...... the black and blue from the fan will both go to the black wire.

Old 08-18-18, 12:29 PM
R
Smile Thank you Guys

Thank you PJmax and stickshift you guys are awesome the ceiling fan is working now.
Below are some pics.
Thanks again,
Ricky

Attached Images   

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: