Converting old mark lll energy saver ballast to led

Old 11-30-18, 02:04 PM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Converting old mark lll energy saver ballast to led

I have old Florissant fixtures in basement. one is flickering. I want to change them out for led. The clerk at lows said to check ge's sight for compatibility, they were not even listed. Then I saw an old thread about these ballast on your sight. So I want to put led in those fixtures, what is the easiest and cheapest way to do it? does anyone here know? I am guessing I need to change those ballasts out. but what would be the best ballast to go with?

Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-18, 04:17 PM
Received 319 Votes on 299 Posts
All you need to do is find replacement LED bulbs with the same type of ends (called tombstones) and then remove the ballets for direct voltage.

I just did my garage and the new lights are so impressive. Twice the light and half the operating cost!

Old 11-30-18, 08:15 PM
J
Received 212 Votes on 188 Posts
Look for LED tube that do NOT require a ballast. Then you can discard the existing ballasts and use the existing tombstones for the new LED.

Old 12-01-18, 04:31 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 533 Votes on 490 Posts
When you get your LED bulbs make sure you read the instructions. There are two styles. One type you connect hot and neutral to one end of the bulb with not connections at the other. The second type you put hot to either prong on one end and neutral to either prong on the opposite end.

Old 12-01-18, 08:47 AM
Received 74 Votes on 65 Posts
The clerk at lows said to check ge's sight for compatibility

Sure he did because Lowes hasn't sold the direct wire LED fluorescent replacement lamps since they started selling exclusively GE lamps. I won't buy lamps at Lowes any more.