dimming multiple 1w power leds with pwn inline dimmer

Old 01-30-19, 01:35 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
dimming multiple 1w power leds with pwn inline dimmer

i am trying to use inline dimmer to dim several 1w high power leds , connected in parallel .i purchased a dimmable 12v 1w driver , but it didn't work , the store support told me it's not for pwm, which is what i need.(i swear it worked fine when i did the same thing 2 years ago, ). anyway, i bought the other one , which is pwm 1w , just what i need. but it has separate output for the pwm , so i connected the led plus to the v+ , and the led minus to the pwm. the dimmer worked , but as i turned to knob more , the driver burned. there were 3 led connected in parallel. i did it again and burnt another one. i have 2 left and i must figure out how to do this. this is not a ameteut thing , it is a chainable led lamp system that i intent to market. i didn't expect to have problem with this because , as i mentioned , it worked good before with the first drivers. i need to find the best solution to dim this multiple 1w led with inline dimmer . i prefer that each one will have it's own dimmable driver connected to it , but if not possible , there will be a main one that all others will connect to.
thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-19, 07:17 PM
Group Moderator
Received 410 Votes on 385 Posts
I'm not quite following you. You are using 3) one watt LED's on a dimmable 1 watt driver.
Sure the driver is going to burn. You need a larger driver.