Led light with photo cell and motion sensor...please help

Old 02-24-19, 09:56 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Led light with photo cell and motion sensor...please help

I got 2 outdoor entry led lights I am repurposing the came in extremely heavy duty metal casings which I removed them from. The problem I'm having is that after 5 minutes the lights dim down to a low level. They have photo sensors which I detached and wired back on its self, which i think i did correctly. They both also have motion sensors, I have detached the motion sensor it is attached in the picture, i reattached and set up a osolating fan in frount. I have also reattached the photo sensor and taped over it with electrical tape. But nothing has worked.

Attached Images    

Last edited by Steve22; 02-24-19 at 10:52 PM.
Old 02-24-19, 10:23 PM
J
Received 513 Upvotes on 418 Posts
make and model of the lights?

Old 02-24-19, 11:02 PM
S
it is made by gardco lighting
model 121MRMWT50L120NWBRPPCB5MAX
LAMP CREE NEUTRAL WHT 4300K
VOLTS 120/208V/240V/277V
AMPS .41/.23/.20/19A
HZ 50/60 HZ

Old 02-25-19, 01:37 AM
Group Moderator
Received 3,892 Upvotes on 3,489 Posts
Too many letters/numbers for an exact model match. Gardco 121's are outdoor LED wall sconces.

Does it feel like the fixtures are getting hot ?
Typically high output LED fixtures rely heavily on the metal case as a heatsink to remove heat.
The fixture may be throttling down the light output on overheat.

Old 02-25-19, 03:46 AM
S
i had the same problem looking it up but thats what the tag says. the case does not seem to be getting hot at all and the metal case it was in before was a completly sealed unit, but that is good information to know thank you.

the photo cell ground wire is not attached to anything but the main supply power is, could that be the problem ?

Old 02-25-19, 04:07 AM
S
i found this is a spec sheet for a newer model of the same light

Infrared Motion Response Integral (IMRI). IMRI module is mounted integral to the luminaire door and is available with two different sensor lens types to accommodate various mounting heights and occupancy detection ranges (see charts for approximate detection patterns). Motion response used in combination of Dynadimmer and SiteWise are not programmable and used to override controllers schedule when motion is detected. When used not combined with any controller, IMRI is set/operates in the following fashion: The motion sensor is set to a constant 50%. When motion is detected by the PIR sensor, the luminaire returns to 100% light output. Dimming on low is factory set to 50% with 5 minute default in "full power" prior to dimming back to low. When no motion is detected for 5 minutes, the motion response system reduces the wattage by 50% of the normal constant wattage reducing the light level. IMRI can also be specified with automatic profile dimming for the added benefit of a combined dimming profile with sensor detection, where the PIR sensor will override the dimming profile when occupancy is detected. Passive infrared (PIR) motion sensor, WattStopper FSP-211, equipped with lens choice specified. Available from 120V to 277V input only. Motion sensor off state power is 0.0 watts. The FSP-211 can also be reprogrammed with WattStopper’s FS1R-100 remote programming tool accessory.

Old 02-25-19, 06:22 AM
J
Received 513 Upvotes on 418 Posts
That makes it sound like the dimming feature is built into the fixture and bypassing the sensors will not override it.

Old 02-27-19, 05:20 AM
S
Deleting a motion sensor

I am looking to delete a motion sensor from a sealed ballast led light fixture. First off if I simply unplug it as it is in the picture would that do it or do I need to rewire? The one thing I can figure out is how. The red black and white wires are to the motion sensor ( to the right ) below it the red and bla k wires are going to the light itself. And to the left is the main power supply wires black green white and red which is a capped travel wire as far as I know. To the left is a deleted photo controller which i have already wired back on its self. Thanks to anyone that helps.

Old 02-27-19, 10:58 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,892 Upvotes on 3,489 Posts
Threads combined. Starting a new thread on an existing topic isn't helpful. Everything including the pictures are here so this is the place to ask all the questions.

When you have a three wire sensor...... the red is +vdc and the black is -vdc. The white is the trigger or switched lead. So what will happen is the white wire will be connected to the red or black when motion is detected. Try disconnecting the sensor and connect the white wire to the black wire. If nothing happens..... connect the white wire to the red. One of the two will do what you want.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: