Remove wireless control from Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan

Old 03-23-19, 05:39 PM
G
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Remove wireless control from Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan

I have a Harbor Breeze LP8146 that can only be controlled by wireless remote and I want to switch it our so i can control it by Lutron Caseta light and fan controls. Currently the Black and white lines go into the wireless control and come back out as pink, gray, yellow (these three are fan controls I think) green (ground) white (common) and blue (light). I've read other posts for how to split the gray/pink/yellow to make it control the fan but they have required a capacitor but I'm not sure on the size. the other thing that I can't figure out is a second gray wire (its actually a black and white wire wrapped in gray) that comes out of the remote and bypasses the main connector and goes straight into the housing. I've attached pictures of the relevant pieces. Let me know if you have any thoughts on how to split this out so I can run it to two switches.

Attached Images          
Old 03-23-19, 05:49 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,982 Upvotes on 3,574 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

A member gets 10mb of picture storage. Your first post is at 18mb.

As far as I know.... that DC motor runs on PWM and cannot be easily converted to bypass the internal factory installed remote.

Old 01-25-20, 09:50 PM
J
Hi Glittler,
Were you able to figure out a way to accomplish this? I have the same exact problem.

Old 03-12-21, 12:39 PM
E
hello guys can you tell me if any of you guys know what are those 2 wires wrapped in gray are for becouse I bought a new receiver and does not have this wires in it and I don't know if they are gonna be a problem for the function of the fan
thanks

Old 03-12-21, 07:50 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,982 Upvotes on 3,574 Posts
This fan has a multi phase DC motor in it. It requires a specific controller to operate.
That gray wire with the two wires inside is a piece of shielded cable.
It looks like it's being used as an antenna.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: