LED work light dims and flickers.

Old 04-12-19, 05:48 AM
Received 255 Votes on 229 Posts
LED work light dims and flickers.

I recently was given a "WORKZONE WALL MOUNT POWER BOARD". Picture attached

YouTube video of the unit. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pR1Kypc4U8o

The problem I have is that all of a sudden the LED lights on the ends no longer light or dimly flicker. see my video...
https://youtu.be/8CiqDkmMe-w

What might cause this and is there anything I can do to correct? This unit has been a very handy item and I sure miss the lighting feature.

I do plan on exercising the warranty on the unit.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-19, 06:11 AM
B
Received 37 Votes on 34 Posts
I'd go warranty first. Hard to guess what is going on and opening it up could risk coverage. I've had a couple of imported electronic products die and just considered it poor quality. Both were refunded or replaced.

Bud

Old 04-12-19, 10:08 AM
B
Received 93 Votes on 81 Posts
If the LEDs operate properly with all plugs removed from the power strip you have exposed a design limit. Use the unit as a light or use it as a power strip but you can't do both. Each time you plug a device into the strip (and it is drawing current) it changes the impedance of the power strip. The electronic drivers controlling the LEDs are impedance sensitive so the change in impedance causes the drivers to operate under conditions not designed for and in your case the LEDs flicker or go dim. Since there is no limit to what you might plug into the power strip, I would return it and replace with a power strip and a separate LED light The LED light must be plugged into an outlet fed by a different breaker than the power strip (less chance to have LED light problems). If the LED lights problem still exists with all plugs removed from the power strip, the unit is defective.

Old 04-12-19, 05:27 PM
Apparently defective. Company says they will replace, but they won't expect new product until June.

Old 04-12-19, 06:08 PM
B
Received 37 Votes on 34 Posts
A little delay but getting a new unit and from a new lot is what you want. They will probably just say keep the old one.

Bud

Old 04-12-19, 08:27 PM
Quote, " We are sorry to hear that you have an issue with your PowerBoard that you purchased at Aldi. We will replace it. Please properly dispose of the old one. We do not expect stock until June but as soon as they come in, we will send it right out. "

And so I will dispose of it immediately!