What type of connection is this?


Old 06-18-19, 03:24 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 1
What type of connection is this?


Just bought an old display cabinet that has a couple of bulbs in it. They're connected to a wire that comes out the back and then connects to a switch (pictured).

After that, no more wires. Was just wondering if anyone knew the name of this connection and if its possible to get an adapter to convert it to a standard 3 pin plug, or will it need rewired?

Attached Images   
Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-19, 03:56 PM
PJmax's Avatar
Group Moderator
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Northern NJ - USA
Posts: 51,366
Upvotes Received: 206
Welcome to the forums from the UK.

You should put non US in your bio as this is primarily a North American based site.

That is some type of ballast made by a UK lighting company called Eterna.
It has a 230v 50hz input. I tried searching for what looks like XR179 printed on that unit but got no hits. You'll probably need to contact Eterna to get exact information.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes