Removing Lightolier recessed light

Old 07-30-19, 02:34 PM
J
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Removing Lightolier recessed light

Hi Everyone, I went to change the light bulb in my recessed lighting and the socket came loose and is now lost in the ceiling. I canít access the socket or pull it back in so am now trying to remove the can itself to reattch the socket. It is a Lightolier 0030. I have tried pulling it down to get access to clips but there arenít any. I have tried pulling down and twisting but also no progress. Each time I try it just pulls back into the ceiling. Any advice is greatly appreciated before I tear down the whole ceiling in frustration!

Old 07-30-19, 04:01 PM
Received 156 Likes on 142 Posts
Hi, post a few pics of what you have there, donít destroy the ceiling yet.
Geo

Old 08-09-19, 10:17 AM
Received 166 Likes on 149 Posts
Appears OP is another one-hit wonder, but in the event he does eventually return, I have a suggestion. Without pictures it's difficult to understand exactly what you have, but my experience from many years ago with Lightolier recessed lighting is that they had a rough-in frame rather than a rough-in housing as most manufacturers have. I actually liked the ease of installation of the Lightolier frame and trims. The trim should be a friction fit, just pull it down and the trim should be free of the frame. When installing, there would be a power whip with socket that plugs onto the top of the trim before the trim is pushed up into place and held by friction.

Here is a typical Lightolier rough-in frame for reference.

https://www.lightology.com/index.php...&prod_id=19061

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: