looking for a specific light fixture

Old 08-10-19, 04:05 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: usa
Posts: 235
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
looking for a specific light fixture

My house was built in 1995. I'm having wall paper removed, wall textured and painted.

I want to change my light to new style (brushed nickel finish) because old one is gold. The problem is that the old electric box has a long stick. The old fixture light just has one hole and you screw it on. I can't find this type of light anywhere in Lows or Home Depot.

Can anyone let me know if there is an online store that still sells this type of light fixture?

Name:  w1.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  96.4 KB

Name:  w2.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  41.2 KB

Last edited by PJmax; 08-10-19 at 10:41 PM. Reason: reoriented/resized pictures
Old 08-10-19, 10:48 PM
PJmax's Avatar
Group Moderator
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Jersey
Posts: 63,053
Received 3,593 Upvotes on 3,222 Posts
The piece on the electric box with the tube is called a fixture bar and is held on with two screws.
It gets removed from that box.

In the picture are three mounting bars. You currently have the bottom one.
Any wall sconce fixture will come with a new mounting bar that will attach to your existing wall box.

Name:  bars.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  20.5 KB


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: