what is wrong with these two receptacles

Old 10-24-19, 10:50 AM
D
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
what is wrong with these two receptacles

My house is a one story ranch. One side of the family room (added in 1980s) has four receptacles (#1,#2,#3, and #4). I remember they are controlled by the same breaker in the control panel. My computers and a light are connected with #3. And dinning table light and a laptop are connected with #2. I am pretty sure they were working last night. This morning I found #2 and #3 have no power. But #1 and #4 have no problem. I checked the control panel down stairs. There is no problem. Everything is on.

Now, what I can do?

who can break the wire lead to #2 and #3? I don't think there is any small animal inside my house.

why just #2 and #3?

If I want to check if #1 and #2 are connected together, how can I do it? (I have necessary tools and I have basic skills to handle electricit

Attached Images  
Old 10-24-19, 10:59 AM
Group Moderator
Received 3,952 Upvotes on 3,545 Posts
Just because the receptacles are in a row doesn't mean they are wired directly inline.
Turn the power off and examine the wiring on each receptacle. If any of the push-in terminals are used.... move those wires to the screw terminals.

diy007 voted this post useful.
Old 10-24-19, 02:19 PM
D
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Problem resolved!!

Thank you for your time. There is a switch on another wall to control these two receptacles. Usually nobody to touch that switch but somebody did it last night or this early morning! J just figured out few minutes ago.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: