8 function christmas light controller doesn't change functions

Old 12-02-19, 10:33 AM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
8 function christmas light controller doesn't change functions

I have a white wire Christmas tree that I love and I can't find a replacement just like it. Its 8 function controller will not respond to change. It simply stays on the random mode. Sometimes it will finally settle where I have it but this can take hours of watching all the modes - of which the fast ones make me nervous. Do you know how to fix the controller?

Old 12-02-19, 11:04 AM
Super Moderator
Received 167 Votes on 134 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum! I moved your post to Lighting since it's a problem with the lights and not the electric.

I may be wrong, but experience has told me the problem is just with the lights that get defective eventually and probably can't be fixed.

If you have a Walgreens near you, they're selling these lights by themselves, so you could just replace them more easily than trying to fix.

Old 12-02-19, 11:51 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 894 Votes on 824 Posts
You didn't tell us a manufacturer, product name, model number... you see the problem not that it matters much. Almost all those type things are really cheap and imported under many different brands and names. Technical support and instructions are usually bad to non-existent when new and it only gets worse with age.

Try unplugging the tree for an hour and see if that "resets" the controller.

If that didn't help. Do you think your problem is that the button is intermittent? If so they you could open up the case and MacGyver a replacement switch.

Then, the last choice is to replace the lights. Buy a string of lights you like, remove the old lights from the tree and put on the new lights.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: