ceiling fan wireless remote issue

Old 03-07-20, 05:15 PM
L
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
ceiling fan wireless remote issue

I just replaced a Hampton Bay(model unknown) ceiling fan with light with a brand new Hampton Bay Rockport ceiling fan with lights. The ceiling fan turns on(all speeds working) but no lights come on, thus the reason why I thought the first ceiling fan was shorting out when the wireless remote was used to turn on the lights. I used the preexisting wireless remote that came with the previous Hampton Bay ceiling fan and the newly installed ceiling fan and lights turn on but then immediately the whole unit turns off, fan and lights. I tried all the different dip switch codes possible but only two work with the same results, lights come on then the whole unit loses power. I have to flip the breaker switch off and then back on again to get power back to the ceiling fan. But then only the ceiling fan works but with no light. The light still will not turn on, even with the pull chain. Help please

Old 03-07-20, 05:29 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,891 Upvotes on 3,488 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

I used the preexisting wireless remote that came with the previous Hampton Bay ceiling fan
Are you talking about the receiver unit in the ceiling or the handheld remote.
You should have installed the new remote receiver with the new fan.

Also.... most ceiling fans require incandescent bulbs.
If you are using something else....make sure it's approved.

Old 03-07-20, 05:46 PM
L
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thanks for replying Pjmax. Unfortunately, I cannot reach the ceiling nor do I have the means, they're 16 ft vaulted. So the base of the downrod is out of my reach. I DID however install the bulbs that came supplied with the brand new ceiling fan. So I'm assuming the bulbs were not the issue. It's sounding like I have to somehow get up to the ceiling where the downrod connects. Is that right?

Old 03-07-20, 07:29 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,891 Upvotes on 3,488 Posts
Yes.... sorry to say it sounds like a problem in the receiver.

In that type of setup you could have gotten the model of fan where the remote is in the motor. You would still need to remove the old receiver but there would no longer be anything to go bad at the ceiling.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: