Lighting outage

Old 03-12-20, 01:26 PM
M
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lighting outage

In my basement I have a string of 6 floodlights in a row on a single circuit. It also appears there are a number of outlets on the same circuit. I replaced one of the existing lights with a slimline recessed LED fixture and when I turned the circuit breaker and switch back on, nothing came on. Any ideas of what could have happened?

Old 03-12-20, 01:55 PM
S
Group Moderator
Received 1,182 Likes on 1,140 Posts
Without more detail about all I can say is it sounds like you wired something up wrong. How was everything wired previously and how did you wire up the new fixtures?

Old 03-12-20, 02:23 PM
M
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I took the middle light down. it was wired black to black, white to white, and ground to ground. Wired the new light exactly as the original one was wired. Nothing worked. So I took the new fixture down and put everything back to the way it was originally. Still nothing. I was thinking that maybe I could have tripped a GFCI outlet but I canít find one on that circuit. Only other thing I have found is that a hallway light is on that same circuit and is a three way switch. Not sure if that would have anything to do with it.

Old 03-12-20, 06:35 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts
GFCI have a way of hiding. Look in bathrooms garage, around outside of house, Behind furniture especially behind something that hasn't moved in a long time.

Old 03-12-20, 08:53 PM
J
Received 472 Likes on 390 Posts
Bad circuit breaker? Try swapping the wire with a breaker the same value in a close by slot.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: