Outlets working, but not lights

Old 03-28-20, 04:59 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Outlets working, but not lights

I have a shed with electricity and a dedicated breaker inside. The shed has one light on the inside and one on the outside and outlets inside as well. I was trying to replace the existing light fixture on the outside of the house, made a mistake because when I turned the breaker in the shed back on the light on the inside and the outlets started working for a second and then went out..I went back in my house and saw that the breaker to the shed had tripped. I reset the breaker in the house, then I reset the breaker in the shed. My outlets started working, but the inside light inside the shed (the one I didn't mess with), is no longer working. Any thoughts on what happened and how to get the light working again?

Old 03-29-20, 01:41 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 77 Upvotes on 70 Posts
Wired wrong at light you were working on. No idea what you did without pictures or description Of wiring. My crystal ball quit working.

Old 03-29-20, 05:43 AM
A
Received 164 Upvotes on 137 Posts
You have a dedicated breaker inside the shed? What do you mean by this?

You were working on a light on the house which caused you to lose power to the shed which is a separate building? How many circuits do you have at the shed? What type of breaker is feeding the shed?

Old 03-29-20, 08:11 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thanks for your response!

Linked below is a photo of the breaker in the shed. The P is for the outlets and the L is for the lights. The P is working, but not the L (lights).
breaker
I also attached a picture of what the light can looks like (the one I screwed up). For now I've just capped the wires together until I figure out what I'm going to do. The light can has three sets of white, black and ground wires. I originally tried tying all the of the same color wires together and connecting to the corresponding color in the light fixture.
light can

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: