In ProcessAdSlots.php line 39: Trying to access array offset on value of type null

Renovating laundry bathroom combo 1960ís to 2020

Old 04-06-20, 12:27 PM
N
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Renovating laundry bathroom combo 1960ís to 2020

Hi all I am looking for some advise or tips on my project before I start it. So the main goal is to update and make the shower bigger, add new fan, new pod lights, new flooring, raise ceiling by removing ceiling tiles and new toilet.

so with all that in mind Iíll attach a few pictures so you can have a look. Some questions I have are

Where should I start?
what potential issues do you see?
What are some tips when starting?

The fan you in the photo connects to and old venting system for the stove top but isnít in use anymore. So Iíll be removing that as well.

Attached Images        
Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-20, 01:05 PM
S
Group Moderator
Received 93 Votes on 82 Posts
Step 1 is gutting down to the structure so you know what kind of problems you have to rectify.

Old 04-07-20, 10:31 AM
Z
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 89 Votes on 84 Posts
I would probably plan on keeping the drop ceiling. With the wiring, piping, and ducting up there, it would be difficult to drywall, and will be a pain if you need to make any changes.

But adding some nice recessed lights instead of the industrial fluorescents would definitely improve.

Old 04-08-20, 08:09 AM
Received 56 Votes on 52 Posts
Hi, you gain much height by removing that ceiling, remove the drop in fixtures, pull the shower stall out, if you are enlarging the shower then remove the wall around it, I would suggest doing a complete tile shower, maybe more money but in my opinion well worth it, installing 2X2 ceiling tiles makes the ceiling look less industrial, itís hard to tell from the pics what the whole area really looks like.
Geo