Is it damaged ceiling light or socket

Old 11-20-20, 01:18 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Is it damaged ceiling light or socket

Every so often I turn on the ceiling at the kitchen. It doesn't work so I turn off it and then I turn on again.It works again Is it damaged socket on the wall or the damaged ceiling light?

Old 11-20-20, 04:51 AM
B
Received 286 Upvotes on 254 Posts
There can be a problem with the switch and/or light so I would proceed with elimination. With the breaker for this light off, check that all wire connections are tight on the switch and lamp. If you still have the problem, change the switch. If that doesn't fix the problem, you will have to change the lamp.

Old 11-20-20, 05:23 AM
Received 716 Upvotes on 637 Posts
I agree that the switch might be the first problem, but before you remove switch, with power off, check the socket to make sure no corrosion has set in and that the tab is making contact with bulb.

Old 11-20-20, 03:57 PM
Received 77 Upvotes on 72 Posts
What kind of lamp is in the ceiling fixture? Fluorescent (Linear,Circline,CFL) or Incandescent or *GASP* something LED Crap? If you want to make sure the switch is not the problem (assuming a single pole type) turn off power and then bypass the switch by connecting both wires that were connected to that switch.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: