LED strip light recommendations

Old 01-05-21, 11:45 AM
J
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
LED strip light recommendations

Hi. Looking for recommendations for LED strip lights for kitchen under cabinet lighting. It's been difficult to find everything I'm looking for so hoping there are some suggestions. Looking for the following:

1. Hard Wired (24V preferred, 12V is ok)
2. Dimmable at the switch (as opposed to on the remote control)
3. RGB and W (3000K)
4. Controls can be remote or Wifi (i.e. on my phone). Prefer remote control.

Thank you.

Old 01-05-21, 02:04 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 13 Upvotes on 9 Posts
I've played around with some led light strips. We have some that have ir remotes and some that are wifi that have an app for your phone or use the smart life app. They even offer some with Bluetooth. I have not really seen any that are hard wired or work with a wall switch. Mine all plug in. Amazon usually has a variety of options on sale.

Old 01-05-21, 04:13 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 1,756 Upvotes on 1,569 Posts
I have had good luck with most that I've gotten from Super Bright LEDs. I don't think their products are significantly different than what you can get elsewhere. The big difference is SuperBright has a lot of good documentation and specs for what they sell.

The big thing I don't like (from any source) are the little clip on electrical connectors for tape lights. They work initially but over time a strip may dim or flicker if you bump the cabinet and those connectors have been the problem every time. Once I took the time to solder wires to the tape strips I've not had any troubles.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: