ideas for bathroom ceiling lighting

Old 01-08-21, 03:04 PM
R
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
ideas for bathroom ceiling lighting

The two ceiling lights of my bathroom look really ugly. I wonder if anyone can provide some ideas on new styles? Please see the two pictures

below

Old 01-08-21, 04:31 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,996 Upvotes on 3,586 Posts
You're talking about fixtures that need to be somewhat water tight..... especially the one in the shower. What do you want to put there ?

The square one looks like it might be a fan combo.

Old 01-08-21, 05:05 PM
R
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Yes, the square one is the fan combo. Is it easy to replace?
about the one above bathtub. It's kind of detached. How can I seal it? last time I used liquid nail. It didn't work.

about style: I really don't know. I'm looking for ideas. I even went to youtube. but I didn't find good video on stylish bathroom ceiling lights.

Old 01-10-21, 05:17 PM
Z
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 422 Upvotes on 375 Posts
The one above the shower, I'd probably just get a new "Retrofit LED trim ring". They are about $15-25, and will include new springs to hold it in place. It screws into the socket and will look similar, but a bit newer. You'll want one that's marked as water-resistant, though I think most/all of them are.

The fan looks like a standard size. If it's a Nutone, you can probably get a new, replacement cover.
If you want to replace the whole fan, it'll probably include a bit of drywall repair. Take a look in your local stores or Amazon. There are some different styles of fans, but not a whole lot.

I tend to install a fan that's just a fan only, then install other lights. My 'go-to' when designing a bathroom is to use either two sconce lights on either side of the mirror, or a fixture above the mirror. I'm not a fan of recessed lights in bathrooms - other than over the shower/tub. But it's definitely a personal opinion. Some modern-looking bathrooms look great with a couple recessed lights.

Depends on how much work you want to get into!

Old 01-10-21, 07:09 PM
Received 23 Upvotes on 20 Posts
If the bath is small, I'd ditch the shower light and put a big combo light/fan/heat unit in the center. If you have a vanity or sconce type light, you would have plenty of light.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: