Replacement Glass for Lamp Post Light Fixture

Old 04-01-21, 02:27 PM
K
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Replacement Glass for Lamp Post Light Fixture

Hello! I was hoping someone might recognize this type of post light and help me track down where I could get a replacement glass (or poly) pane. Iíve attached a photo for reference.

Iíve only tried the big box stores so far without any luck. I did find on menards website a replacement glass pack for clear panels.

The piece is just rectangular 5-9/16Ē x 9-1/2Ē, but it is frosted and has some sort of design on it. I did verify that the panes are removable so Iím hoping for some luck in tracking down a replacement.

Thanks!

Old 04-01-21, 02:31 PM
Received 54 Upvotes on 48 Posts
You might look for a place that does stained glass work. they might have some they could cut to your size.

Old 04-01-21, 08:33 PM
K
Thanks! Thatís not a bad idea. I did some searching since posting and was able to find the manufacturer, Progress Lighting - Residence Collection Post Lamp

They refer to the glass as ďEtched Umber Seeded GlassĒ but unfortunately donít offer it for sale by itself anymore.

Iím surprised there arenít more panels available, I would have guessed this to me a more common issue. Hopefully some glass studios have something similar.

Old 04-01-21, 08:51 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,423 Upvotes on 3,069 Posts
It's going to be tough to find an exact match. Might be expensive to replace all four.
I checked the companies I deal with and their panels are too small.
Just some ideas below.
Progress spec sheet (pdf) glass size
Stained glass on Etsy
Stained glass supply

Old 04-02-21, 05:07 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 1,776 Upvotes on 1,588 Posts
You can search stained glass suppliers online and purchase a sheet of the seeded glass and cut it to shape yourself. Or, make a cardboard template of the piece you need and take it to a stained glass shop or someone who does it as a hobby and have them do it for you.

Old 04-02-21, 11:44 AM
Received 14 Upvotes on 10 Posts
I had this same situation years ago. I ended up purchasing a small piece of glass & cutting it myself. It was relatively easy to do, and cost little.
Andy

Old 04-02-21, 04:39 PM
K
Thanks everyone for the tips! I really do appreciate all the advice.

The glass itself is both frosted and textured so it is somewhat unique.

The good news is that I stopped by a small local lighting showroom today and showed them the problem. They sell progress lighting and contacted their sales rep who said he could get replacement glass! The best part is that it is only $12.00 per piece. I ended up ordering two, so I have a spare in case it ever happens again. For the price I figured why not.

Now just keeping the fingers crossed that when it comes in to the store it is the correct piece and there werenít any mis-communications.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: