Kitchen remodel under cabinet puck lighting

Old 09-06-21, 08:31 PM
B
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Kitchen remodel under cabinet puck lighting

We're adding the finishing touches to our kitchen remodel. We've purchased some low voltage pucks, that tie into a main low voltage cable, which connects to a dimmable LED power source, & finally an AC dimmer. A wire runs out of the back of the puck & ties into the main low voltage cable. With low voltage landscape lights, a connector ties you into the main line. Does any type connector exist for our puck lights?

Old 09-07-21, 06:13 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,112 Upvotes on 1,891 Posts
"Does any type connector exist for our puck lights?"
That depends on the lighting system you bought. Most do have some type of connector.

Old 09-07-21, 10:54 AM
B
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Kitchen remodel under cabinet puck lightting

Pilot Dane:

The LED puck lights are Armacost. Their tech support wasn't very good. They suggested wire nuts! Can you visualize a run of 10 pucks & the sight of 6 wire nuts per connection? That seems unnecessary as well as unsightly.

They manufacture connectors, but only for the LED tape lighting & wire to wire connectors for longer main line runs to the power supply. So, I'm looking for an immediate source of T-connectors for the stability as well as cosmetics of the connection.

Old 09-07-21, 11:02 AM
Group Moderator
Received 3,892 Upvotes on 3,489 Posts
I don't of any plug connection that comes with puck lights or is available for them. I've always used wirenuts. I typically extend the puck light wires if I need to put the splices in a more remote connection.

I have seen these and they may work depending on the wiring size you're using.
Tee connectors

Old 09-07-21, 11:23 AM
Z
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 416 Upvotes on 369 Posts
For the low voltage side, I've used crimp butt connectors. It's easy to run two lv wires into one side, and continue from there. They are also low-profile, so blend in pretty well.
https://www.amazon.com/TICONN-Insula.../dp/B08J7K4GRX

I'd also consider Wago type connectors. They have a lever to make the connection and can take a number of wires of different sizes.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: