Landscape lighting... On/Off switch for one spotlight possible?

Old 09-19-21, 07:19 PM
C
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Landscape lighting... On/Off switch for one spotlight possible?

I have a single wire landscape lighting run that goes around my patio. All of the lights currently work as expected. One of the lights is a spotlight that points to my grill. I'd like to find a way to manually use a switch to turn only that spotlight off while all other lights on the run stay on. That way, I could turn it on only when I'm using the grill. Is this possible? Is there a switch that I could wire into the wire that runs to the spotlight from the main line? Thanks!

Old 09-20-21, 04:55 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,182 Upvotes on 1,952 Posts
You just need to install a switch on the at one light.

Old 09-20-21, 06:01 AM
M
Received 295 Upvotes on 265 Posts
You could look into a remote controlled bulb or socket.

What you have to watch out for is what is the default condition re: when you turn the light circuit on does the bulb default to on or off,.
Also does it always need power to it which would not do in your case.

Old 09-20-21, 06:18 AM
C
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
@Pilot Dane... thanks for the reply. I tried putting this switch on the spotlight wire. It worked but would turn all lights on/off, not just the single spotlight.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

@manden... thanks for the reply. The spotlight I'm using is a landscape "up light". It's LED and doesn't use a bulb.

I suppose an option could be to just find a way to cover the light when I'm not using it for the grill. It's just aesthetics, the area looks better without it on, since the rest of the patio lights or path lights.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: