Replacing fluorescent light ballast

Old 11-24-21, 02:56 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Nov 2021
Posts: 1
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Replacing fluorescent light ballast

I am trying to purchase a ballast for a 2 lamp fluorescent light fixture. The one that is bad is a Universal Therm-o-matic 446-LR-TC-P T 12 unit with 2 blue and 2 red wires on one end and 2 yellow 1 black and 1 white wires on the other. All the ones I see fort sale on Amazon, Lowes, Home Depot, do not have those exact wires. I was hoping for a direct replacement so I could just swap it out using the same wires. Where can I find one that will work?
Old 11-24-21, 03:08 PM
Marq1's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: USA MI
Posts: 9,745
Received 1,210 Upvotes on 1,098 Posts
Just trash the ballast and convert to LED, you will not regret!
Old 11-24-21, 03:55 PM
XSleeper's Avatar
Group Moderator
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 27,010
Received 1,899 Upvotes on 1,705 Posts
Try eBay.
Old 11-24-21, 04:52 PM
Tolyn Ironhand's Avatar
Group Moderator
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: United States
Posts: 14,277
Received 861 Upvotes on 724 Posts
I agree with converting it to LED as your fixture is old T12 lamps.

However, this ballast should work for you: if your lamp wattage is 30w, 34w or 40w. Wire colors don't really matter you just need to wire the fixture according to the diagram on the ballast label.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: