Disassemble Metal Candelabra Socket

Old 03-13-22, 11:36 AM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Question Disassemble Metal Candelabra Socket

Anyone know how this type of candelabra socket is disassembled? I loosened the 2 screws that are deep in the pictured screw wells, but the screws will not come out, and something else seems to be holding the socket in place. I also tried turning the inner metal cup that is nested inside of the outer metal cup, but that won’t budge. Then I tried turning the metal stub at the wire end, but that won’t budge either.

This is from a “Pullman Junction - 1 Light Bath” (2891-691) by Minka-Lavery

Old 03-13-22, 01:07 PM
J
Received 513 Upvotes on 418 Posts
My best guess.
Loose screw at black arrow.
Unscrew green arrow section from red arrow section.

Old 03-13-22, 02:06 PM
C
Thanks Joe. I already removed the screw at the black arrow. Pic shows the screw removed. I also tried unscrewing the outer metal (green arrow) from the inner metal (red arrow) but couldn’t get them to turn. I don’t think that they would’ve used Loctite on the threads, but maybe I’m wrong.

Old 03-13-22, 08:28 PM
C
I got the lamp holder out. Sometimes it helps to walk away and come back to things later. After loosening the 2 deep screws, just had to push a little harder on the wire going into the metal housing and the holder popped out. The next step was to insert needle-nose pliers into the metal housing to hold the screw bracket steady, and then turn the housing to unscrew the screw bracket from a threaded post at the bottom of the housing.

ThisOldMan voted this post useful.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: