Impeller

Old 01-28-03, 04:32 AM
Sir Ug
Impeller

I am planing to replace the impeller (as preventative maintenance) on my 100 HP 1989 Outboard Mariner engine serial number 0C207543. Iím trying to come up with a parts list to do the job. The repair manual only covers disassembly/assembly sequence of the lower unit and to follow the procedure to the point where the faulty parts can be replaced then reassemble the unit. Does any one know, in addition to the impeller, are they any other parts that I should replace along with the impeller such as gaskets? Do they sell some type of impeller kit that includes all the necessary parts to the job. If so, where can I find it?

Thank You
John

Last edited by jtdead; 01-28-03 at 08:03 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-03, 05:45 PM
BoatCop
Visiting Guest
Mercury (the mother company of Mariner) has a water pump replacement kit available for all models. It has the impellar, housing, wear plate, gasket(s), and shaft spacer. Just go down to your friendly Mercury dealer with the model and serial number, and they'll set you up. They run from $20-$30, the last time I checked.

Don't try to skimp on a generic pump kit from an aftermarket company. Use the genuine Mercury parts. They may go by the Mercury trademark name "Quicksilver".

If you need to find a dealer near you go to:

www.mercurypartsexpress.com

and enter your Zip Code.

Old 01-29-03, 10:30 AM
Sir Ug
Thank You. That web site is great.