Value of used PWC

Old 06-20-03, 04:03 PM
Value of used PWC

I have a chance to purchase a 1995 XP Sea Doo and a 1995 SP Sea Doo along with the double trailer, boat covers and what the owner call miscellaneous items - for $5,000. The owner, who I run into occassionally, has told me the Sea Doo's have less than 50 hours on them. I plan on going to see them BUT accepting him at his word can anyone tell me what the blue book value of this package is or lead me to a website where I could attempt to determine what kind of deal I am getting. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-03, 10:00 PM
BoatCop
Visiting Guest
High retail on the SP is $1,550 (US Dollars)
Average $1,340
Low $1,050

For the XP it's $2,010 High
Average $1,730
Low $1,350

The trailer is about $500 (high)
Average $465
Low $430

In excellent condition the package is worth $4,060.

Low end is $2,830.

These figures are from www.nada.com. The values are based on the market in my home area, which is a heavy PWC market. They may be higher or lower in your particular locale.

You can print out the figures from the web site, and take them with you. You may be able to shave a thousand or more off the price, equipped with that information.

If he refuses to come down, go elsewhere. Sea Doo dealers are a pretty good place for used PWC deals this time of year, with a lot of people trading in old units for new models.

Before you buy, check your local area lakes for any 2 stroke engine restrictions. They won't do you any good, if you can't use them.

Good Luck.

Old 06-22-03, 05:57 AM
I love this website - especially when guys like you take the time to be of assistance. Thank you.