Carb float question


Old 07-28-03, 05:05 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Carb float question

I received my repair manual on sat and decided to tear into my carb for a rebuild, I have the carb soaking in cleaner as we speak.............. in my manual it recommends an omc carb float gauge, if that cant be found it also says to use a T gauge or equivanent tool(whatever those 2 tools are?) to measure float level? This is my first carb rebuild on anything,and Im pretty handy, but is it necessary to buy these extra tools?......................Just as a helpful hint to anyone else, I took my digital camera outside and took pics of the carb completely hooked up and its surroundings, and also took pics of the carb off, close up in my hand. Just incase you can always go back and look at the pics. Just a helpful hint to pass on. Im looking to rebuild this tommorow and go for a test run. So I hope to get a response soon. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-28-03, 10:48 PM
BoatMech's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Los angeles
Posts: 592
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
The gauges they are referring to come in almost every
carburettor kit. I have a pile of them, and most auto shops
and service stations should as well.
A ruler with the 32'' on it will work too.
Old 07-29-03, 07:19 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Thanks for the reply boatmech, I will see what kinda rulers I have around the house, I looked throught thecarb kit I bought and it didnt have any gauge in it......................Oh well I will see what I can do, again thanks for the fasr reply.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title: