Buying A Boat

Old 03-21-04, 04:47 PM
spolsen
Visiting Guest
Buying A Boat

I am looking to buy a boat @ either a show or from a showroom. Is it like buying a car with the dealer incentives, rebates, things that go on with this and how do I not pay too much??? Your input is much appreciated!!

Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-04, 05:20 AM
Admin Emeritus
Hello: spolsen

Buying a new boat is exactly as you mentioned, like buying a car or truck or anysuch vehicle. Except the payback time on the loan, if borrowing is needed, can be up to 15 years.

Prices are flexible to most degrees like any other vehicle. Same applies to optionals. Buying new has the same advantages of warranties also.

Price comparisons are possible. Asking through the lending banks can be a source. Best pricing, in my opinion, is at the boat shows. Simply because of the competition at the time.

More dealers in one show allows the buyer to price shop within hours and without traveling. Dealers are there to sell as well as show their products. Competition is very high. Worked the shows myself and know first hand.

They are a buyers best time and option, but only if you know what you want in a narrow sense of the term and are willing to buy at the time. Buying? No better time. Go for it at the shows.

Regards, Good Luck & Safe Boating.
Web Site Host, Forums Monitor & Multiple Topics Moderator.
TCB4U2B2B Business Management Services.

Old 03-26-04, 05:18 PM
Buying a boat

As indicated, boat shows are a wealth of info, visual delight, aspiration and dreams, as well as helpful buying and financing information. If you know the names of your preferred boat manufacturers, an online search may reveal some purchasing and financing incentives that may or may not be made available to you through local dealers.

You might even want to shop for used boats. If you live near water where there are boat dealers and boat owners, there may be affordable possibilities in the classified for used boats as well as at local dealers. I would not hesitate to buy a used boat, knowing that many boat owners may purchase them and only take them out 3 or 4 times a year. Many large boat owners, such as of houseboats and larger, tend to keep them docked and enjoy them as a home-away-from-home without moving them out of the dock but 2 or 3 times a year.

Old 03-28-04, 11:41 AM
Lightbulb Aw BOATS

First do you know just what you want yet? what or how will you use the boat for.. Like for power , speed or just mess around on. Then comes power are sail?????

I have had new boats and a lot of used boats. The best deals have been the used boats. But if you dont know boats make sure you have a marine survey done on a used boat. ED

Search this Thread