Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Looking @ Pontoon Boat

04-01-04, 11:26 AM   #1  
Looking @ Pontoon Boat

I am lookin @ a 87 Landau 24ft pontoon. It is in overall good shape. It has a 4cly 3liter OMC outdrive, not electronic ignition. I swore up and down with my last boat no more points with an inboard. But this will be a good deal and I reallywould like it. How relible are these moters and outdrives? And can you convert them to electronis ignition?

Sponsored Links
Admin, Forums Host & Manager

CAL

04-02-04, 06:30 AM   #2  
Hello: buzzkutt-b

In my opinion as a long time mariner, OMC is a great inboard engine and drive unit. With or without electronic ignition.

Converting to electronic ignition should not pose any problems if done professionally and correctly. Parts (distributor etc) should be available at any OMC dealers if the conversion is a do it yourself project.

Our resident boat repair professionals will have additional helpful information, suggestions and advice. Check back on your question several times for additional replies.

If you need further assistance, use the reply button to add any additional information or questions, etc. to this thread. Using this method also moves the topic back up to the top of the daily list automatically.

Regards, Good Luck & Safe Boating.
Web Site Host, Forums Monitor & Multiple Topics Moderator.
TCB4U2B2B Business Management Services.

MO

04-04-04, 10:04 AM   #3  
I like the OMC out drive the best for all round use. They have held up under my kids ."But not the props". Also you can run it slow with the lower unit up some if you get into shallow water.
Be sure and check lower unit for water

ED

Search this Thread