Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

magellan gps

04-03-04, 04:05 PM   #1  
magellan gps

I just got out my Magellan gps 310 and tryed to use it. I can get lots as sattelites but canott get it to track. I think it is because of the time because everytime I set the time it takes on a mind of its own and I look at the time and its 10 or 30 min different of what I set it at. Then when I view the time and push enter the seconds take off like hundreths of seconds but if I go back and dont push enter it looks normal. Any ideas???? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Admin, Forums Host & Manager

CAL

04-04-04, 05:46 AM   #2  
Hello: butterfingers

Doubt such a question can be answered with any type of assuredly positive accuracy in a text only format such as this.

However, there may or may not be a problem with the unit. May be best to take the unit to a local boating shop where the units are sold. Knowledgeable persons there are likely to help.

Battery removal for several hours may reset the device or it may have an internal electronic defect or fault. Testing, if the unit is worth that cost may be a benefit over replacement costs.

Be sure the mode setting is correct. Change locations. Re read the owners manual. If the unit is new, assuming it may be based on your statement, quoting: "I just got out my Magellan gps 310 and tried to use it" return it for a replacement.

Regards, Good Luck & Safe Boating.
Web Site Host, Forums Monitor & Multiple Topics Moderator.
TCB4U2B2B Business Management Services.

Search this Thread