95' Kawasaki 900 ZXi

Old 06-29-04, 06:37 PM
Kawasaki900ZXi
Visiting Guest
95' Kawasaki 900 ZXi

here is my situation. my 900 wouldn't go faster than 35mph so i checked it out and there is a water leak from the exhaust manifold...why? I don't know...How can I fix it?

AND

it has 3 cylinders Cylinder closest to the BOW is FOULING BAD. then it gets better on next cylinder, and the one closest to the stern is CLEAN ....WHY and how can I fix that???

thanks in advance

Old 06-30-04, 08:18 AM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello.

Chances are the gasket is blown, damaged and or defective. Hopefully that is the only cause and not a warped engine head or engine block, etc.

Knowing how to read a spark plug is likely to indicate if water is getting into the effected cyclinder. May need to remove all spark plugs and keep them in order. Take them to a local dealer and have the mechanic read the plugs.

Reading a spark plug is looking at the plug and noting the coloring and deposits on the electrodes. Water burning will be indicated and a mechanic pro can determine if water is entering that cyclinder.

If you very handy working on small engines and have some basic tools, you can remove the cyclinder head and personally inspect the gasket. Replace it if needed but it must be done correctly.

And the head bolts torqued correctly and exactly to manufacturers torque settings. Fail to reassemble any part of the engine will cause other major damages quickly.

Not to mention that a person (like you) will also be seated directly over the engine. If any part of that engine blows apart, disaster and injury very likely. And this also happens but is not often reported so other owners are aware.

In some areas, applies here in my area, no engine parts are sold to the do it yourself person. Done so for liability reasons and to protect the parts dealers and sellers.

Incountered this very problem of not being able to obtain engine rebuilding parts myself. And I have plenty of engine repair mechanical abilities..... I'm just not a professional PWC mechanic, working in a dealership...

The resident boat service & repair professionals may have additional helpful information, suggestions and advice. Check back on your question several times for additional replies.

If you need further assistance, kindly use the reply button to add any additional information or questions, etc. to this thread. Using this method also moves the topic back up to the top of the daily list automatically.

Regards, Good Luck & Safe Boating. Life Long Boating, Fishing and Navigation Enthusiast. Web Site Host, Forums Monitor & Multiple Topics Moderator.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: