Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

What to do? Need Inboard Engine

Visiting Guest

07-17-04, 06:31 AM   #1  
Minnesota
What to do? Need Inboard Engine

I have a l973 Starcraft SuperSport - l8' Inboard with a l20 HP Mercruiser Engine. Recently it burnt a hole in the top of #l piston. Evidently for some reason it misfired and this was the result. The boat is in quite good condition with a Spartan single axle trailer. Is it worth seeking and Engine? Do you know of a source of Engines. Thanks - Minnesota

Sponsored Links

MO

07-17-04, 02:35 PM   #2  
Call around there where you are and ask. Also call like Defender 800 628 8225 and ask them where you can get one I dont have the paper work here with me . But what you want to ask for is a "short block" for what you have now and just take all the stuff off the motor you have and put it on the new one. Now you dont want a rebuilt car engine.

ED

07-21-04, 04:49 AM   #3  
If you don't want to invest alot of money, call around to some of your local marinas. There might be someone ready to sell the motor you need used. If you do that check the water jackets good, besides the usaul motor checks.
Just my amatuer input

Search this Thread