info on aq125a

Old 07-21-04, 09:55 PM
info on aq125a

I need to know info for selecting a new prop.The motor is a 1984 AQ125A Volvo with a 270 outdrive.Does anyone have a book with the specs for manufactor ideal RPM's for this motor at W.O.T.The boat is a 1984 19 1/2 Bayliner Capri.The prop I have now is dinged up pretty good.It's 14 x 19r.I am getting about 33mph with it.I thought about going to a 14 x 21r.Does this seem logical ?The boat gets right up on plane with what I already have.My buddy says the prop is not repairable because of ongoing use (one blade is starting to shred apart).He seems to think that maybe it is slowing the boat down.Any advice ?

Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-04, 11:19 AM
Wink

I am getting about 33mph with it.I thought about going to a 14 x 21r.Does this seem logical ?The boat gets right up on plane with what I already have.
Ill bet the guy that had the boat has played with the prop and has just what should be on there. It takes me about a year to get the right prop on a new boat. Id get the same P and D that you have right now. Also with a new prop it will run better than now. If you have a bronze yes it can be fixed also you can change the pitch up or down about 1" is all

ED