Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

TeaQua ????????Teak

Visiting Guest

08-24-04, 08:38 PM   #1  
handsonboatguy
TeaQua ????????Teak

I have been reading in several of the boating/sailing magazine reviews about a teak treatment called TeaQua.The mags are lofving it. Does any one have any experience using it? I read some info on the website but wanted to hear from users in a forum. I have a large project coming up (decks, rails) and would love to get some feedback before I buy quantity. Thanks!

Sponsored Links

MO

08-26-04, 05:40 PM   #2  
Dont know a thing about it. But after 6 year on a boat salt and 15 years with fresh water. Did oil the teak then went to varnish. My next one will be what we call a "clorox jug". no wood outside at all.

Ed have a good one

Visiting Guest

11-07-04, 05:23 AM   #3  
handsonboatguy
Thanks Ed. I went ahead and bought a quart of TeaQua Teak Oil for test and so far after 2 months it looks like the day I put it on. The teak treatment was easy to use.Comes out of the can with a thick consistencey that went a very long way. I tried the topside hand rails first before doing the deck. I am going ahead with it. The stuff is non skid so I do not have a problem with it. My wife used it on a piece of teak furniture (bench) we have in our yard that she first pressure cleaned. Did not mind that one bit because instead of sanding the bench I was playing with my boat. Her project looks really good. So I am going to agree with the Boating Life article. I liked it alot.

Search this Thread