replacing boat seating

Old 09-10-04, 03:18 PM
mowingmomma
Visiting Guest
replacing boat seating

We own an older (87) Bayliner Capri speed boat that the seats have become quite rotten and torn. We would like to replace the seating since the boat has a great (replaced with Evinrude) engine and is in fairly good condition. I've checked some sites but wondered if any other members of this forum have suggestions how to do this task, or if it would be smarter to just order new rather than try to rebuild the old ones. It does look like quite a task, to say the least. Any one out there tried this? Glad to hear your opinions and suggestions... or other sites for replacing seats and benches. thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-04, 11:35 AM
seadoo580e
Visiting Guest
I would check in your local listings for a trim shop. I was facing the same problem with my boat a few years ago, so I pulled the seats out of the baot and took them up to a trim shop and they had them looking great in little time at all. If you wanted to do the job yourself, you would need replacement covers, a powerful staple gun, stainless staples, and possibly some foam if it is damaged as well. However, in my opinion, that is a job that should probably left to a proffesional who can make them look as good as possible. Good luck with whatever you decide to do!

Old 09-12-04, 06:12 AM
if u want to save some $$$$ just rebuild the rotted section yourself. it's not that big a deal, if u have basic carpentry skills. i would recommend marine plywood, or a good quality exterior ply.