Power Trim ,,

Old 11-27-04, 05:54 PM
ELROY521
Visiting Guest
Power Trim ,,

Hi , I Have A 27 Ft Searay , Has Merc 454 Bravo 1 , Have Problems Putting Trim Up When Moving , Does Ok When Stopped , Thinking Maybe Pump Is Worn , Just Put New Coupler In And New Trim Cylinders , Please Help ! John

Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-04, 06:18 AM
Shiprekd
Visiting Guest
I'm assuming you bled the trim system of all air (even the pump ) after you replaced the trim cylinders. If you didn't, that's the first thing to do.

What year is the boat? Does the pump have the plastic resevoir?

Old 12-01-04, 04:09 AM
ELROY521
Visiting Guest
Power Trim

The Searay I Have Is A 1992 , Resivor Is Plastic , It Had Water In It, Ive Changed The Fluid , And Have Ran The Lower Unit Up And Down About 100 Times , Is There A Different Way To Bleed It ??

Old 12-01-04, 12:32 PM
Shiprekd
Visiting Guest
There's actually a couple ways to bleed the rams and pump, but the mention of water in the pump/resevoir can cause problems for the obvious reasons. Any water that may have been still remaining in the pump/lines will have been pushed back into the new rams and need to make sure it's all out of there.

Your first action should be to crack open the lines (only a thread or two - no more) at each ram and run the trim up and down a few times - If you have a trailer position switch for the trim, use that for full up position - Becareful though as this is a messy proposition and need to contain the oil from flying all over the place.

If that doesn't do the trick, then I would suspect the pump is damaged or weak. Depending on your budget, you can rebuild the pump or you can pick up a new/reman. one. I'll paste a url to some parts and assembly diagrams if you need it...

Search this Thread