Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!


iceburg's Avatar
Visiting Guest

Posts: n/a

02-08-05, 07:35 PM   #1  

I am attempting to replace the rotted out transom in my 15 ft fiber glass fishing boat. Should I use marine plywood, regular treated plywood, regular plywood treated with some sort of water proofing/sealer chemical or plastic?

Sponsored Links
Ed Imeduc's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 18,389

02-10-05, 11:51 AM   #2  
Use the marine plywood for sure. It dont have any voids on the inside of it like other plywood has. You also can go the www.defender.com theey have all you would need to put it back in there . I go with the West System for rebuilding it. Dont use the polyester resin on it .Use all epoxy resin .It will hold better to what you have in teh boat now. Stay in just one post here so if you post back do it on this post It helps.


Search this Thread