Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Power trim problems 95 Merc. I/O not going up...only down

Visiting Guest

02-13-05, 08:20 PM   #1  
wnixon
Power trim problems 95 Merc. I/O not going up...only down

I have a 1995 Century Arabian 210 Bow rider. My shifting lever is a Quicksilver 3000. My problem is that I can not raise up the outdrive using the trim tabs. It will go down fine, but there is not even a sound when I press the up button on the trim. I am able to raise the outdrive using the trailer button only, however, it does not always work either and sometimes just makes a quick click sound and then nothing.

This is just happening, and I have it on the trailer, so I don't want to get stuck on the water with only being able to have my trim down. I am afraid I won't be able to get it back up for trailering.

Does anyone have an idea if this is something simple? Or could it be the actual trim motor? Where and what would I check?

I did just replace my lower unit, but not sure why or if that could even be related. I also adjusted my shift cables slightly after installation of the lower unit to ensure the Prop locked into gear and ratches the opposite ways in forward and reverse.

Thank you,

Sponsored Links

02-16-05, 05:01 PM   #2  
Sound like power trim switch problem, the one that is mounted on the drive, happen to me once on my Searay, I used the trailer up switch to raise the drive up/out for awhile until have time to look into it, you can try taking it apart(mark the position before remove) and clean off the contact behind and see if it's works, one thing to keep in mind that when the boat is sat on trailer and the trim is at trailer position, the trim up position switch may not working due to the trim limiter is out of range, make sure the trim is down/in then try, the trailer up switch is wired differently and most likely not causing it. Just a though.

Search this Thread