Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Lower unit proble ?

Visiting Guest

02-27-05, 06:12 PM   #1  
rps
Lower unit proble ?

I have a 130 Honda 5years old .I changed the lube in June checked it in Oct everything was ok today when I went to change it again it was milky, no water came out would this mean I need seals.

Sponsored Links

CT

03-13-05, 06:31 PM   #2  
I had a Force outboard for 20 years. Every year when I serviced it, the lower unit gear lube was a bit milky. I changed the seals three times and checked clearances, but to no avail, it would still be milky, but no water, as in your situation. About 10 years into owning the boat, a marine mechanic aquaintance stood by and watched as I drained the lower unit. He told me it was just condensation and there was nothing I could do about it. Well the boat has a new owner for 2 years now and have brought the same for him, but as with I, no problems. That's 22 years, no problems, just milky gear lube. PS, I checked it several times early in the season and it would be fine. It would be milky by the end of the season.

good luck

Search this Thread