Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

cutting fiberglass??

03-30-05, 01:31 PM   #1  
cutting fiberglass??

Can anyone give me any advice on cutting fiberglass? I am in the process of re-decking an old fixer upper that I recently purchased. I have the center part of the floor cut out, but am having trouble with the seams where the sides of the boat and the floor come together. Jigsaw blade travels to far, and not enough room for a circular saw. I was wondering if there was an easier way to do this,as I have a lot of seams to deal with. Will also have to cut out the stringers for the decking and replace, along with the transom. Any advice will be appreciated, and thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links

MO

03-30-05, 02:00 PM   #2  
Most of the time if cant get a saw in there have use a small 90o grinder to do it one like you would use the bevel the old glass for patch into new cloth or mat. They have many diferent wheels to go on them.

Hey its not the floor its the Sole or the Deck

ED

03-30-05, 03:37 PM   #3  
Thanks for the quick reply Ed. Didn't even think of using an angle grinder Next thing I was going to try was a Roto-Zip or a router. Boat is an old Rinker that sat outside uncovered for about three years. Tons of rain and snow did a lot of damage in those three years. Hope it ends up worth being restored??

Sole or Deck, not "the floor".....got it!!

Search this Thread