96 Force 50 hp wont start need help fellas

Old 04-17-05, 08:26 PM
smuglr
Visiting Guest
Unhappy 96 Force 50 hp wont start need help fellas

Fellas
I have a 96 Force /Mercury 50 hp outboard I noticed that magnet pieces were laying in engine compartment so I knew it had a broken magnet. Even though the magnet was broken it would start and run good. I figured I make repeirs I ordered a good used flywheel took the damaged one off and installed the newer one. I also noticed that when one of the magnets broke it hung down and chewed up and bent the upper throttle control link so I replaced it to. Well I fired it up and nothing .I checked the spark and saw that there was plenty so I figure the stator is fine.WE checked the timing with a light it was way off like 8 inches and there wasent enough adjustment to get it were it should be what would make it go that far off im lost.I know there are many of you experts out there and im hoping you can help Im lost and cant afford to put it in a shop to be ripped off im at your mercy thanks fellas

Old 04-19-05, 05:02 AM
Boatdoc
Visiting Guest
you have spark what about gas if you have the two it should atleaste bark test all plugs for spark and get back
Greg
P.S this engine is known for ignition problem

Old 04-22-05, 03:21 PM
smuglr
Visiting Guest
Originally Posted by Boatdoc
you have spark what about gas if you have the two it should atleaste bark test all plugs for spark and get back
Greg
P.S this engine is known for ignition problem
Greg its got spark alright at one point before putting on the flywheel it started like a champ

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: