Cleaning Aluminium

Old 06-21-00, 09:26 PM
Visiting Guest
What is the best (easiest) way to clean an aluminium boat? I don't want a show boat, but would like to clean it up.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-00, 02:53 AM
Visiting Guest
Cool

There are special aluminum cleaners/polishers that we use on our pontoon boat. Just look for these in a store or boatshop. We also use "Iron-Out" to help remove stains from the aluminum pontoons. Good Luck!

Old 06-22-00, 09:36 PM
Visiting Guest
Thank you very much OldGuy. I look for the aluminum cleaner. Never heard of "iron out", but I'll go looking. Sounds like something you put in your laundry so you don't have to press your shirts, but it probably has more to do with metal. THANKS AGAIN

Old 07-31-06, 08:25 AM
Cleaning Pontoons

One way to clean your pontoons to near new condition is to take you boat to truck wash along the interstate and have them acid washed and polished. it cost the same as a tractor trailer about 50.00 bucks around here. it won't take out scraches but it will remove all of the scum and water line marks and make them look as good as and old pontoon can.

Old 07-31-06, 03:07 PM
good advice

I work for American Airlines and all our planes are polished the way we do it is just like the captain said acid wash and polish with a buffer. The acid removes all scum and oils etc.