Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

85 Evenrude

's Avatar
Visiting Guest

10-06-00, 10:00 AM   #1  
I have a 16ft trihull with a 85,70hp,3cyl, oil injected Evenrude that I aquired this fall. First boat. It had set for 2 years in a shed, covered. No fuel was left in alum. tank. Changed lowerend oil and checked tank for any crud. First time I took it out it ran well. Next time I got about 200yds out of the harbor and it died, and would not restart. Think I flooded it. Had to be towed in. Started it in the yard the next day and it ran good both at idle and throtoled up. Took it out again and same problem. Did restart and was able to idle back to dock. Thought it was a fuel or fuelline problem so I changed all the fuellines, filter, conections and bulb. Drained and refilled tank. Made sure there were no air leaks. Will idle well both on water and in yard and run great in the yard, but as soon as you throtol up on the water it dies! Had carborators checked and was told they were in great shape. Any ideas would be apprecated.

Sponsored Links
's Avatar
Visiting Guest

10-08-00, 01:00 PM   #2  
You may have to free up the magneto under the flywheel with some wd 40.
Do it with the engine off!
It should move freely with the throttle.
Have someone move the throttle lever while you watch it.
scott

Search this Thread