Aluminum boat leak repair

Old 07-01-05, 05:32 PM
Bryant Sole
Visiting Guest
Aluminum boat leak repair

I need suggestions on how to (what to use) repair leaky seams on a riveted aluminum boat

Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-05, 02:53 PM
Leaks

Pictures of the repair during a restoration at this site, using a gas tank sealer.

http://www.retrocrestliner.com/viewe...20Brownea1.htm

Old 07-07-05, 02:38 AM
JB Weld or you can get the stuff that they use for bed liner in trucks noe and do the whole inside of your boat. This will fix your liners as well as any rivets that may leak now or in the future. Using the truck bed liner stuff you need to be carfull and not get it really thick. This stuff adds a great deal of weight to your boat.

Old 08-04-05, 03:48 PM
grhow
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up alum boat repair

I have repaired 2 boats in the past. Mine were leaking at the seams so first of all I took it off the trailer and turned it upside down. Put a wire wheel on an electric drill and clean the crack good where the seams come together. I then used brake kleen in the green can on a rag to clean the surface,this is important. Be carefull,this stuff will destroy painted surfaces,that is why I put it on a rag. Buy some JB weld and using a putty knife,force it into the crack. Only mix small portions at a time. I river fish and my boat takes alot of abuse but neither one ever leaked again!