Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

fuel gas tank sender / gauge not working

Visiting Guest

07-24-05, 08:05 AM   #1  
dzipin
fuel gas tank sender / gauge not working

Hi:
I have a 94 Chaparral that I bought from a friendís brother and after finally getting it in the water I have one pesky problem left. The boat was sitting, winterized, for two years and the fuel gauge sender appears to be stuck. I found an access (porthole style) which looks to be the center of the top of the tank but I think this is the pickup only. There was a fuel hose coming of an elbow fitting but I did not see any wire, which I would have expected if the gauge sender was located in the same place. Am I missing something or should I expect to find another access to the tank elsewhere? I have not tried yet to remove the pickup to see if that is the sender also. If anyone has any good links for diagrams of different tanks that would be a great help too, just so I could see what to expect. Thanks!

Sponsored Links

07-24-05, 08:07 PM   #2  
If there are no wires there than you located the pickup. The sending unit should have a pink wire going to the center post and a black wire for a ground. Keep looking.

Search this Thread