Mackie bass boat

Old 08-03-05, 11:14 AM
WTC
Visiting Guest
Mackie bass boat

Does anyone have information about Mackie boats built in the late 70's in Wake Forest NC. I have a bass boat built by this company in 1977 that has a Aramid Kevlar hull.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-09, 11:57 AM
Mackie Boats

I might have some information for you since I worked for Mackie Boats from the time they started migrating from building fiberglass port o potties for the construction industry through building every boat they offered. I worked in every area of the facility there was but ended up as a lead/chopper gun operator in the lamination. So ask away

Bob Imperial

Old 04-27-09, 12:03 PM
Super Moderator
Bob....the post is close to 4 yrs old....but maybe someone wil see it in a search of some sort.

Welcome to the forum though..lots of good info here.

Old 04-30-13, 08:23 AM
Mackie bass owner

I realize this thread is quite old... I recently purchased a 1977 Mackie bass boat with the original 77' Evinrude 140 motor ... I am looking for some info on this boat, Have heard some of them are fiberglass and some have Kevlar hulls... mine weighs 950lbs. Dry... so pretty light for an 18.08 long boat... any info . Would be greatly appreciated and anyone know why Mackie stopped producing these boats in 1980?

Old 05-01-13, 04:00 AM
You might try asking the folks at one of our sister sites: The Hull Truth.