Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

replacing keel roller

WA

08-07-05, 02:41 PM   #1  
replacing keel roller

We are replacing the keel roller on our trailer. The spindle for the roller is about 1" longer than the old one. Do I need to cut the spindle down to the exact size or can I put a spacer on it to close the small gap that would be there otherwise? We don't want to have any side to side movement. If I have to cut the steel spindle what would I use?

Sponsored Links

MO

08-07-05, 02:49 PM   #2  
if its just a small space there cant you just add steel washers on each side like to hold it center.

ED

Visiting Guest

08-07-05, 02:53 PM   #3  
jeffstevens
You can shim it with washers on both sides, you should be able to purchase one the right length.

WA

08-07-05, 03:01 PM   #4  
You would think you would be able to buy one the correct size, but not so. For an 8" roller they make the spindle is 9-1/4" long. They are all 1-1/4 longer for whatever size roller you have.

Visiting Guest

08-08-05, 09:04 PM   #5  
jeffstevens
Where are you looking? Check out yates I'm sure they make one.
Posted By: erica You would think you would be able to buy one the correct size, but not so. For an 8" roller they make the spindle is 9-1/4" long. They are all 1-1/4 longer for whatever size roller you have.

Search this Thread