KAwasaki Waverunner

Old 09-01-05, 07:35 PM
Stephgem
Visiting Guest
Arrow KAWASAKI Waverunner Stalls after 15 mins

I am not sure if this is the right forum for a Jetski.... I have a 1994 Jet ski that ran great last year but this Summer has not ran over 15 min's each time out. Once out on the Ocean it has alot of Power.....after 15 or 20 min's it loses power and will not go..you can coast at slow speed but when you try to get up speed it will boggle down.... Any ideas? It has a new battery and new plugs , new oil and gas... ....The winter months are too long to enjoy in NY!!
Also can anyone tell me if there is a solution to having to jump in the water and pull seaweed out from underneath ??? I don't see anyone else constantly jumping off to do this and was wondering if it was just the Kawasakis that need this done.

Last edited by Stephgem; 09-02-05 at 08:08 AM.
Old 09-02-05, 07:29 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
did you check to make sure the water pump is working and its not over heating ?

Old 09-03-05, 10:08 AM
Stephgem
Visiting Guest
No not sure how to do that??? Could it be anything electrical? Or maybe the carb? It smokes alot .....

Old 09-03-05, 02:14 PM
S
I highly doubt its anything electrical.

Did you use the right kind of oil ? same that was in it before. I wonder if the oil mixture is working right, i cant recall if those were 2 cycle engine or 4 stroke.

The pump runs from the back of the boat, propeller inlet area, should be able to find it.

IS it smoking from the time you start it up or after been running 10-15 minutes ?

Old 09-04-05, 08:17 AM
Stephgem
Visiting Guest
Cool

I used a different oil this time. Used 2 cycle oil but different brand. I was wondering about the mixture myself. It smokes from the time I start it.

Old 09-04-05, 09:28 AM
S
sounds then like a mixture mix, some of those 2 cycle oils, if you look on the bottle are not always a 50/50 mix, some brands have a different mix ratio.

If I can give one tip, its to stay away from pennzoil 2 cycle oil.

I live off a river, I have owned a few boats and worked at a motorcycle shop, that also repaired watercraft. I have more engines going buy buy due to that oil.

I prefer quicksilver and johnson 2 cycle oil.

Let us know if it turns out to just be the mixture.

sporty

Old 09-04-05, 09:55 AM
Stephgem
Visiting Guest
Smile

ok thanks !!!! will check this out

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: