Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

barnacle problem

Visiting Guest

09-08-05, 12:38 PM   #1  
kysmom
barnacle problem

how do you remove barnacles from the bottom of an aluminum boat? I have an aluminum boat that i painted the bottom of and kept it in the ocean(bay) all summer and it now has baricles all over it. I cant figure out how to get them off. Thanks to anyone who can help.

Sponsored Links

09-15-05, 06:42 PM   #2  
remove barnacles

no easy way youll have to scrap them off . but next year when you paint bottom make sure paint is still wet when you put back in water helps cleaning them off if paint is wet so next year they will come off easyer and make sure your useing a bottom paint .

this is someting i did when i had the boat and it worked great most times they would wash off when i take boat out for a ride .

MO

09-23-05, 05:00 PM   #3  
With lots of work. like said lots of bottom paints have to go into the water when the second coat is still wet. Check that you get the right paint for that aluminum boat.

ED

10-07-05, 01:22 PM   #4  
I used an old wooden paddle that I cut at an angle at the end to scrape the barnacles off of a boat I had once. Muck easier to do if done immediately after it is taken out of the water. Doesn't smell as bad either.

Search this Thread