Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Four Winns center access panel

pwg's Avatar
Visiting Guest

Posts: n/a

09-16-05, 06:55 AM   #1  
Four Winns center access panel

I have a 1988 Four Winns Freedom 160. Between the seats just in front of the engine is a floor board/access cover approximtely 2' x 3'. I removed the access cover. When I removed the cover I noticed that the exposed space has ductape along the entire perimeter, the ductape needs to be replaced.

Should the new ductape be installed such that if water gets into the exposed space it says there or should there be an opening in the ductape to allow water that enters the space to drain? If there is an opening in the ductwork where should it be located?

Sponsored Links
Savannah Dan's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 38

10-07-05, 02:05 PM   #2  
Man, oh man. Why do boat manufacturers use duct tape and staples? It's crazy! The panel probably provides access to your fuel tank. The duct tape was probably put in as a 'curtain' to keep the water out.

You can contact Four Winns customer service (1-231-775-1343) and see if they can put you in touch with a production engineer. They would be the best to help you.

Can you send me some pics? If so. I can give you a better idea of what you need to do.

Not seeing exactly what you have, I would suggest pulling out the old duct tape, letting the area dry throughly if it is wet, then fix the access panel so it will not leak.

Search this Thread