Four Winns center access panel

Old 09-16-05, 06:55 AM
pwg
Visiting Guest
Question Four Winns center access panel

I have a 1988 Four Winns Freedom 160. Between the seats just in front of the engine is a floor board/access cover approximtely 2' x 3'. I removed the access cover. When I removed the cover I noticed that the exposed space has ductape along the entire perimeter, the ductape needs to be replaced.

Should the new ductape be installed such that if water gets into the exposed space it says there or should there be an opening in the ductape to allow water that enters the space to drain? If there is an opening in the ductwork where should it be located?

Old 10-07-05, 02:05 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Man, oh man. Why do boat manufacturers use duct tape and staples? It's crazy! The panel probably provides access to your fuel tank. The duct tape was probably put in as a 'curtain' to keep the water out.

You can contact Four Winns customer service (1-231-775-1343) and see if they can put you in touch with a production engineer. They would be the best to help you.

Can you send me some pics? If so. I can give you a better idea of what you need to do.

Not seeing exactly what you have, I would suggest pulling out the old duct tape, letting the area dry throughly if it is wet, then fix the access panel so it will not leak.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: